The Women's Rage team is a newly forming High School Women's team built around the ladies who have been playing with the Rage in the past. We are excited to be forming this team and look forward to an amazing Spring and Summer season.
The Grizzlies are committed to excellence on and off the field.
to help create women who embrace the pursuit of excellence through the enjoyment, challenges and rewards of playing soccer and to develop a life-long love of the Beautiful Game.
Team Cultural Goals:
- Warrior Spirit – never quit, never backdown
- Striving for excellence
- Mutual Trust
- Team first – Individual wellness ALWAYS!
- Players improve as soccer players
- Players deepen their appreciation and love of the Beautiful Game
- Compete in summer tournaments against select teams
- Players are better prepared to change the world
Player Expectations of Players:
- That we can bond as a team and learn to communicate, and call each other out when needed.
- That we can all get ourselves conditioned outside of practice to help endurance and better ourselves.
- That we can learn the game better.
- That we will play competitively and play to win along with having fun.
- That we will give each other tough love, to better ourselves as players.
- Everyone tries their best and doesn’t have a problem with that.
- Don’t let a loss determine the rest of the season or your own skills.
- Always be supportive and don’t be negative when someone makes a mistake.
- Respect each other on and off the field
- Be helpful at practice (help pick up, don't just leave)
- Have a good attitude towards our team and the game itself
- Come on time
- No phones at practice
- Bring all soccer gear
- Develop through individual training the foundational skills that are required to succeed as a team at our style of play
- Develop through individual training and practice game quality fitness
- Develop through individual study an improved tactical understanding of the game to improve our quality of play
Player Expectations of Coaches
- Analyze weakness and help players improve them
- Help us technically and tactically
- Be approachable and not a jerk
- Hold us accountable for playing high quality soccer by providing clear feedback
- Knowing our limits and how to exceed them
- Being engaged with tactical guidance during the game
- Lead by example
- Create an environment where players are safe to strive for excellence
- Be competent as a coach and always work to get better
For the team to succeed it is vital that each player gets as good at their individual skills as possible. This improvement will happen mostly due to the individual players dedicated individual practice. During the team practices we will focus on skills and team tactics that we can only work on as a team. Individual skills development is primarily the responsibility of the individual player. We have some homework ideas on our homework page.