In this exercise, I want you to go to our dev environment and build a content type, taxonomy term (vocabulary) and a view to display that content.
The purpose of this exercise is to improve your understanding of how Drupal uses content types, taxonomy terms and views to organize and display data.
Create a new content type with some content, a new taxonomy vocabulary and a view to display the content.
Watch the content type, taxonomy and the view videos. Then develop your plan. Have your endstate in mind and challenge yourself. So, here are some options to get you thinking. Develop a page that displays reviews of particular college class. Or, develop a view that shows classes available at a school with the option to select by subject. Or develop a page that shows reviews of different restaurants. Feel free to call or text me with questions or thoughts.
This project should take a few hours of your time.
Adding fields to content types: Drupal 8 Beginner, Lesson 23: Adding Fields to the Events Content Type
Referencing content: Drupal 8 Beginner, Lesson 26: Connecting Content Types with Entity Reference
Views page with teasers: Drupal 8 Beginner, Lesson 38: A Page with Teasers
Summary of your tasks:
- Watch videos
- Develop your plan that includes what you want to show, content type requirements, taxonomy requirements, and view requirements.
- Create a new basic page and place it under AoL Training and have your name in the Title so it is easy for me to find it in our dev environment.
- Create your new content type
- Create your new vocabulary (taxonomy)
- Create your new view block
- Place your view block on your page
- Add some other text on your page
- Inform me about your cool new page and view and brag about it