Author: W. Timothy Gallwey
- What are some of the big ideas of the book that you took away from reading it?
- What do you think about his ideas of the different types of players; Good-o, Friends-o, and Health-o-Fun-o?
- Is there a gender tendency difference in the way players approach this? If yes, what?
- Self 1 and 2
- What does the Author say about Self 1 and Self 2 and what do you think about that?
- What is Self 1? What is it made up of? What is it good for?
- What is a good way according to the author to maintain focus? page 97
- What do you think of the three skills of learning? Why are they important?
- Learning how to get the clearest possible picture of your desired outcome
- Learning how to trust Self 2
- Learning to see yourself "non-judgementally"
- What role should winning have in soccer?
- How does team culture effect Self 1 and 2?
- What does your Self 1 tell your Self 2 when you are not playing well?
- Why do you think your Self 1 takes this approach?
- What type of player are you using the authors categories
- How does this book impact the different aspects of coaching
- Team work
- Why is this a good book for players to read?
- Why is this a good book for coaches to read?
- How does the idea of teaching through the eyes and not the ears effect your approach to coaching?
- Would the author argue we teach a skill through the ears or the eyes and why?
- What do you do if you cannot demonstrate the proper technique?
- How does a kid's life off the field effect his relationship between Self 1 and 2?
- What is the object of playing soccer versus the object of the game of soccer?
- What does this book teach us about joy? page 95
- How does one's religion effect how you understand this book?